Depending on whether you do the optional Exercise 5: Full-stack web app exercise, you can receive either 4 or 5 ECTS credits for completing this course.
To complete the course and receive ECTS credits, follow these steps:
Complete the exercises
- [4 credits version] Do all the course exercises, except Exercise 5: Full-stack web app.
- [5 credits version] Do all the course exercises.
- Submit your solutions to the exercises.
- [4 credits version] You will need to submit a blank response for exercise 5.
Enroll on the course
- [4 credits version] Enroll on this course through Open University:
- [5 credits version] Enroll on both of these courses through Open University:
- Enrollment for the course through Open University is possible until the end of the course.
- Credits for the course are only available to those students who have successfully enrolled on the course through Open University and have completed the course according to the instructions.
* Electronic enrollment is available if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have a Finnish personal identity number,
- you are a student at the University of Helsinki, or
- you are a student at a HAKA member institution.
Enter your University of Helsinki student number
- Save your University of Helsinki student number to the exercise submission system's Your information page.
- After successful enrollment, you should receive an email that includes your student ID number, but if you do not receive the message or know your University of Helsinki student ID number, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your University of Helsinki student ID.
- Include your full name, email address used for enrollment, date of birth, and the name of the course in the email.
Confirm that you have finished the course
- In the exercise submission system, after you have submitted solutions to all the exercises, click the blue button that confirms that you have completed the course ("I have completed the course...").
Return to Practicalities